Wednesday, June 8, 2011

6.8.11

Did pretty much the same thing tonight that we've been doing all week. The only exception was that tonight I worked with the instructor on kind of learning one of the TSD forms, which was awkward and interesting at the same time. The best part of tonight was after class though. The president of the TSD club on campus was giving me a ride home when he asked me if I would be interested in teaching some classes, which I was ecstatic about! And he also asked if I would like to become more involved in the club, like in a leadership position, which is awesome as well because many of the upper level members will be graduating soon, so they need to start finding people to take over the club and I'm here for another 3 years, which is possibly the longest out of the higher ranking members. 

Back to teaching though, I haven't taught a full class in well over 2 years now and it's the one piece that has been missing since I've started training again. I didn't ever think I'd have the chance to teach outside of my studio, so when he asked me if I'd be interested I was shocked and thrilled and honored all at the same time. It means a lot to me that he would ask me to teach mainly because, even though our styles are almost identical to each other, they are still two separate federations now. This is quite possibly the best thing that has happened to me in a while, especially karate-wise. I'm so excited to start preparing and learning the TSD material that I don't know so I can start teaching ASAP!

Soo Bahk!
(& now I guess I should also start adding) 
Tang Soo! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment