Sunday, June 5, 2011

6.5.11

What a day! 2 mile walk to karate. An hour of really intense training. Another mile walk to my bike. Then, a 2.4 mile bike ride home. Needless to say, I'm absolutely beat! But at the same time, it feels wonderful!!!

As for karate (since that's the actual point of this blog :p), I was very pleased tonight. I trained with the more senior instructor off campus, who's also a third dan, who I wasn't exactly happy with last Wednesday, but that's in the past. I got much more respect this time around and he even pointed out that the others should be doing their technique like mine (on one specific occasion) and he asked me for my input a couple of times, which is a total 180 from last Wednesday when he basically called me out in front of the entire class, disrespecting my rank and training. As I said earlier though, this is all in the past now. What matters is that I know he does actually respect my rank and training, and that's the most important part.

Class tonight wasn't particularly hard, just really physical. We basically did basics and combinations the entire time, both hand and foot techniques. They were much different than what I'm used to, so some of them proved to be a little bit of a challenge, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. :p We finished up with 3 or 4 forms, one of which I did absolutely terrible on, but that's to be expected since that was probably the second time I had done it in...8+ years, literally. It was from a group of forms that we have just started to integrate back into our program, when I left for college, which is obviously no help to me. Haha.

Overall, today was really great. Lots of great exercise, all thanks to the buses not running in Blacksburg on Sundays, but hey, it was definitely much needed and it definitely doesn't hurt. Plus, it was later in the evening so the temperature had dropped and I was able to enjoy exploring Blacksburg at the best time of the day. :)

Goodnight & Soo Bahk! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment