Sunday, July 17, 2011

MIA yet again. lol

Training has been interesting over the past week. I've been sparring a lot more and it's been a battle the entire time. On one hand I love sparring. There's no way to know what the other person is thinking or what they are going to do next. You constantly have to be on your toes and ready for absolutely anything that may happen. And the thrill of the unknown is one that I will never get tired of. Plus it is a great stress reliever, in my opinion, probably the best way. On the other hand (being a girl) coming home with bruises down your legs and arms kind of sucks because the only way to cover them up is by wearing jeans, which is brutal during the summer, especially in Blacksburg. There's also the fact that I haven't properly trained in sparring in the past couple of years, so I'm pretty rusty which only leads to getting beat 9 times out of 10 (if we were to actually keep track). With the increased amount of sparring I have been doing lately though, I'm getting back into the groove. It's tough, but the challenge of getting back to sparring well is one that I accept wholeheartedly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment