Monday, July 11, 2011

7.8.11 - 7.11.11

I've been MIA lately, I know. The reason behind this: 4th of July & school. :( Karate was cancelled Sunday & Monday in observance of the 4th and I started my second summer session here at Tech last Tuesday and my evening class prevents me from being able to go Tuesday and Wednesday. :( So my first class in over a week was last Friday, but that was only an open mat, so it wasn't very structured and I used it mainly to just feel out my abilities after not training for so long.

My first official class back was yesterday. We've switched it up and focused on sparring for the past two nights, which has been a nice (but difficult) change of pace. I wasn't really up for it yesterday, but today I felt much better and got much more into sparring with everyone. Even if I'm going to have a nice little bruise on my ribs and arm. LOL. :) I hope that the classes keep getting harder and that we do end up sparring a bit more, because even though I hate it right now, I really do ultimately enjoy it. I find the challenge of sparring to be thrilling. So, if things keep going the way they have been, and the instructor's seminar that the two instructors and two potential instructors are going to this weekend is any good, which I'm sure it will be, then classes are about to get much, much more interesting. Good thing I'm always up for a challenge! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment