Thursday, April 28, 2011

4.28.2011

Whew. What a workout tonight! We didn't have so much as a regular class as we did a "fun" class, which meant lots of cardio! We started off with some basic kicking and forms to get us going, which went pretty well. I still can't get used to the bad mat and when we're doing the double kicks that TSD seemingly (and unfortunately for me) loves to do, I have a hard time working them. Not to mention that most all of them kill my hips and knees (again, no help from the wrestling mats) but I got through them by some miracle. We then did some punching combos on the small targets and kicking on the hanging bag. It felt so good to feel the pain in my hands and feet again. It really gives you a sense of accomplishment, no matter how bad the burn may hurt from the vinyl and skin clashing over and over. It just feels good to hit something. Sometimes it's the way to relaxation and releasing all the pent up frustration and tension that tends to build up during the week. We also walked through a couple of grappling techniques, but we didn't do them in too much detail as the three of us there didn't really know exactly how to do them, much less teach them effectively, but they were still fun to do nonetheless! We then ended out the class with some cardio exercises like leap frog and bear crawls, which about killed me. I really hope that the next couple of classes will be this way. I really miss just working up a good sweat and having "fun" running around like I used to make the kids in my classes do. It's such a good way to end the day, minus having to clean up my room. Haha.

As for the club itself, I've really started to get to know the guys there a lot more which has made training with them much more enjoyable. I've realized that as much as I am a people person, it really takes a lot for me to open up at first. Especially when it's around other martial artists, which is really weird considering I've been training for so long. I guess it's just because even though I'm most comfortable on the mat (compared to literally anywhere else in the world) it's still really awkward to not be on the mat with the people I want to and am most used to training with. I miss the guys back home so much and I so wish I could just go home this summer and train with them like I should be. But, I must play the cards I have been dealt. I'll still have a pretty good support system up here. The other Dan member will also be training pretty intensely this summer from what I understand., which will be helpful in staying motivated even though I'm not really where I want to be. And as much as I may not like it, this will be a good experience for me to really break out of my shell and get used to training with others even though I may not exactly like the circumstances. That's why the fact that I'm getting comfortable with the TSD guys here is really great and kinda reminds me of home in a sense that I've got a good group of guys around me that will help me achieve my goals, even though the guys back home can never be replaced by anyone. They've gotten me through more than any person could ever imagine. And for that, I can never, ever thank them enough. :)


Now that I've gotten sufficiently sentimental, it's time to finish up my night with a bit of organizing and cleaning! So much fun! -__- Not.
Goodnight and Soo Bahk!

No comments:

Post a Comment